Follow on Blogger Home Join The Network Become An Author Contact
Twitter Facebook Digg Stumbleupon More

Saturday 13 August 2011

Army Reboot:New Paintjobs and Bits.

So today was spent gazing over my army thinking 'I'm really not liking this'.

This is understandable due to the fact that I'm slowly progressing with my painting skills and alot of my previous work just doesn't cut it for me.

So I've made the decision to just strip what I don't like of paint and restart them.

With what I've learnt hopefully they shall look much better than before!

So expect minis you have seen previously, if you've looked on the Imperial Fist page, with a new paintjob.

First up will be the Tacticals.

Also I'm going to replacing a few things.

First of all I'm looking at replacing the Terminator's Storm Shields with these.


They are fairly inexpensive and look pretty badass.

So expect them soon also.

With my Sternguard I'm still playing with ideas but have settled on that I will be giving them studded shoulder pads.



And also of course I'm still working on custom combi weapons for them.

Just waiting on a couple of boxes of Marines and I can get started on them.

What bought this on is I ended up stripping the Ironclad and completing it again today. It looks pretty much the same as before just with less layers of paint on it haha.

It just made me want to reboot my army a little.

Let me know if you have had urges to do the same and either did it or just went along with what you had.

On a rather unrelated note.



I received my Games Day UK ticket I picked up off ebay which came with a Seminar ticket also which I'm pretty happy about (for £22 I might add).

Also bought another one as a present for my Dad but I kept the Skaven haha.

Let me know if your going.

This will be my first time going so I'm pretty excited about it.

Thanks!

Warflake out

[End Transmission]

4 comments:

  1. I am shocked you changed colors,that 2nd post of the dread was pretty good looking a great upgrade from the previous post(the yellow looked solid instead of streaky). Hope you find a color you like, if you haven not found one I still vote for some Silver Skulls. Silver, Black, Gold, and Blue whats not to love.

    ReplyDelete
  2. The new shields look really cool! They would definitely go well with the terminators.

    What color will your new army be? And which Chapter?

    Looking forward to seeing the reboot :) All the best!

    ReplyDelete
  3. Making the decision to go back and repaint older models is one of the hardest things I've done in the hobby. Given that the squads were already done up to a playable standard, it's a big commitment to repaint them when you could be painting something new.

    Having said that, I'm really happy that I started bringing my old squads up to my current standard. The army looks much more cohesive, and the squads really look much better.

    That said, sometimes squads don't need to be totally stripped. Certainly some of mine did, but some just needed some additional shading and clean-up. It's much faster to improve the current paint job than to start anew, and it can look just as good as long as the paint doesn't get too thick. Just something to keep in mind.

    ReplyDelete
  4. So new yellow or new colors all together? Don't be afraid to do new things. The hobby is all about that after all:)

    Skaven mini you say, wish I'd gone to gamesday just for that :) Stupid idea of exclusives.

    ReplyDelete

ShareThis

LinkWithin

Related Posts Plugin for WordPress, Blogger...