Follow on Blogger Home Join The Network Become An Author Contact
Twitter Facebook Digg Stumbleupon More

Monday 5 September 2011

Thanks For The List Help....

I just wanted to say a massive tanks to Fourth Company Librarium who helped me out by posting a couple of 1500 point lists for me.

It was a great help and I really appreciate it. I took his second list that he gave me and messed around with it a little.

This was the original list


Lysander- 200

5 Assault Terminators w/ thunder hammers and storm shields- 200

Land Raider Redeemer w/ multi-melta- 250

Tactical squad w/ meltagun, lascannon, combi-melta, power fist, and Razorback w/ twin-linked lascannons- 295

Tactical squad w/ power fist, combi-melta, and Razorback w/ twin-linked lascannons- 200

Predators w/ autocannon turrets and lascannon sponsons- 120

Predators w/ autocannon turrets and lascannon sponsons- 120

Vindicator- 115

I really do like this list as it does capture the weapon heavy feel of the Imperial Fists.

The only thing that worried me was the lack of troops, which he himself said may be a problem, so I messed around a little and came up with this.

HQ

Lysander- 200

Elites

5 Assault Terminators w/ thunder hammers and storm shields- 200

Dreadnought w/ twin linked las - 135

Troops

Tactical squad w/ power fist, combi-melta, melta, multi-melta w/ Rhino - 235

Tactical squad w/ power fist, melta and missile launcher w/ Rhino 235

Heavy Support

Land Raider Crusader - 250

Predator w/autocannon and las sponson - 120

Vindicator - 115


I'd be interested in what he thinks of this as well as you guys. The reason I changed the Land Raider is I wanted more infantry killyness and why I changed the troops I'd like to have at least 2 full squads for scoring.

General tactic is the same as Fourth Company Librarium put it, hang back as there is lots of firepower and wait for the enemy to come to me, once they advance counter-punch with the Terminators and Vindicator. This part is straight from the post, against very shooty armies use all your shooting to cover the advance of the Land Raider. The Terminators should tear through most shooty armies.

This sounds like a very fun list to me.

I'd really like to hear your input.

Thanks!

Warflake out

++End Transmission++

1 comment:

  1. The changes you made seem entirely reasonable, sacrificing a bit of firepower for more bodies. I really like the addition of the Dreadnought, as it gives you a blocking unit that you can use to hold up anything that would assault your firepower units while still maintaining some firepower of its own.

    As far as the Crusader vs the Redeemer, I honestly prefer the Crusader in most situations. I went with the Redeemer to add a few flame templates, which the list is otherwise lacking, and because it is a bit cheaper.

    I would suggest adding the pintle-mounted multi-melta to the Crusader. The ability to fire that at a different target is really good for the points, and it lets the Crusader engage other targets. I would drop the Tactical squad's combi-melta for that, though I'm not sure where is the best place to scrounge the last 5 points.

    Also, keep in mind that you can take the Crusader as a dedicated transport for the Terminators, so it doesn't take a Heavy Support slot. It's not important right now, but it will be very important when you expand the list.

    Speaking of expanding it, why don't you post up what you'd like to add to it to take it to your next point total? I'd be happy to provide a bit of advice there, as I'm sure some of your other readers would as well.

    ReplyDelete

ShareThis

LinkWithin

Related Posts Plugin for WordPress, Blogger...